Backup and Restoration in cPanel
- How to take full Backup
The Backups interface allows you to download and store your files, databases, forwarders and filters in a backup file.
Generate a Full Backup
To create a new full backup, perform the following steps:
- Login to cPanel
- Click on Backup
- Click on “Download a Full Website”
- Select a storage option from the Backup Destination menu:
- Home Directory— Select this option to save the backup file to the server.
- Remote FTP Server— Select this option to use FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer)— Select this option to use passive FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- SCP— Select this option to use secure copy protocol (SCP) to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Select a notification option:
- To receive a notification when the backup finishes, enter your email address in the available text box.
- If you do not wish to receive a notification, select do not send email notification of backup completion.
- If you selected Remote FTP Server, Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer), or SCPfrom the Backup Destination menu, enter the remote destination’s information in the available text boxes.
- Click Generate Backup.
Your Backup Process will start. This method creates the backup as a .gz on the the Backup Destination mentioned Above.
2. Available Backups to Download #
3. Restore Full Backup #
To Restore Full Backup, Provide the Downloaded Full Backup to your server Administrator, And Ask him to restore it for You.